[GreenYes] Re: [CRRA] Zero Waste plans

Open letter to recycling policy wonks:

Would someone please tell those of us that don't know what MBT is?  Sounds like a gasoline additive, or something taken from a medicine bottle label.  You guys are in such a hurry, and you lose people like me when you use an alphabet soup of abbreviations in place of any attempt to actually communicate your message.

Also, Rick's observations make MBT sound like a real Godawful bad thing.  Again, why would recyclers want to endorse the waster's technologies that result in severely degraded and even dangerous products?  Why is our industry the only one being asked to abandon quality production, and why are so many of our best spokespeople so willing to go along.  Is it just to get along?  The public out there wants clean resources, clean recycling, clean composting, and they depend on us for accurate information on what's happening in our field.  Whenever we buy into crud resources we damage all the operators earnestly trying to produce good stuff.  We also damage our own credibility.

Dan Knapp