[GreenYes] Re: 1872 mining act

Title: [GreenYes] Re: 1872 mining act

Hi Marjorie,

Thanks for your words of support.
www.earthworksaction.org is the leader on the issue, I am trying to
get other environmentalists aware of the importance of this vote.

Global Warming - Industry experts say that an 8% federal mining
royalties (a pretty small increase over the 0% from 1872) would result
in lighter automobiles - and better gas mileage.  The subsidy on iron
is a subsidy for SUVs.

Nature Conservancy - Sierra Club and others are alert because much of
the federal land being mined is pristine.

Recycling is already buzzing.   I am getting more calls about
investing in metals recycling.  Mineweb and other industry
publications are forecasting more investment in recycling operations
by traditional metals companies.

Robin