[GreenYes] Re: Biodegradable utensils compromised with standard plastics.

Title: [GreenYes] Re: Biodegradable utensils compromised with standard plastics.

On the surface, it does not sound very plausible to me that people
would go to the trouble of bringing their own utensils to the fair,
only to throw them away after use. I would think that if someone is
bringing their own utensils, they are planning for reuse and would
either bring more durable items, or keep their plastic utensils after
using them at the fair. Probably too late for this now, but it would
have been interesting in your sorting activities to try and discern if
the plastic utensils were discarded alongside materials from any
specific, identifiable vendors - there may have been one or two rogues
in the mix that provided the plastic, or perhaps ran out of bio-based
materials at some point and made do with plastic.

Unless you are thinking they bought takeout food elsewhere and brought
it into the fair?

Justin Lehrer
StopWaste.Org