[GreenYes] Re: Recycled/Reused Art Opening & Moonlight Walk Saturday June 30th 6-9PM Phila., PA, USA

Title: [GreenYes] Re: Recycled/Reused Art Opening & Moonlight Walk Saturday June 30th 6-9PM Phila., PA, USA

On Jun 24, 5:50 pm, "M.Simons" <msim...@no.address> wrote:
> For anybody in the general area (PA, NJ, DE), please feel free to
> join us.. or if you are coming to the area at a later date, the following
> environmental / recycled-reused materials art show

I'm currently at the Air and Waste Management Association conference
and there's an exhibit of art from recyclables created by grade
schoolers and high schoolers that we're voting on.  A couple of
highlights... a 4th grader did wind chimes suspending keys from a
couple of CDs and a high schooler sculpted a large coke bottle into
something that looks like a bird (Phoenix) very involved..  The next
AWMA conference will be in Portland, Oregon in June 2008.  The
abstract deadline is much later now (December, 2007), so I hope that
all reading who are out in that area (or anywhere) will consider
submitting an abstract.  Here's their website (www.awma.org) and
another with the waste management division's sessions in some past
years:  http://geography.hunter.cuny.edu/~mclarke/awma-wm.htm

Maggie Clarke
www.maggieclarkeenvironmental.com