From: Matthew Cotton [mailto:mattcotton@no.address]
Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2007 9:54 PM
To: Reindl, John
Cc: GreenYes@no.address
Subject: Re: [GreenYes] mercury from fluorescents

John -

I'm way out of my league here, but wouldn't the EPA number (for mercury) include all fluorescent lights (like the long white tube kind, that are fairly ubiquitous) versus the smaller, individual fixture Compact Fluorescent Lights (CFLs) which are not quite as mainstream, but are seen as one quick thing an individual can do to reduce individual energy consumption?

Does EPA break out the source of the Hg (i.e., type of light, etc)?

Matthew Cotton

Integrated Waste Management Consulting, LLC

19375 Lake City Road

Nevada City, CA 95959

(530) 265-4560

Fax (530) 265-4547