From: GreenYes@no.address [mailto:GreenYes@no.address] On
Behalf Of Reindl, John
Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2007 9:04 AM
To: Jonathan Betz-Zall; greenyes@no.address
Subject: [text][heur] [GreenYes] Re: Recycled paper in trouble? (fwd)

A trade association earlier this week put out a news release that paper
recycled has hit an all time high in the US. So, I don't think that the
Greentips article has much credence.

John

Paper industry announces record paper recovery rate

The American Forest & Paper Association (Washington) recently announced
that a record 53.4 percent (53.5 million tons) of the paper consumed in
the U.S. was recovered for recycling in 2006. The recent tally brings
them closer to the industry goal of 55 percent recovery by the year
2012.
The 53.5 million tons recovered is an 83.7-percent increase since
1990. According to AF&PA figures, Americans recover almost 360 pounds
per person annually.

Jonathan Betz-Zall
http://ecolibrarian.org
Seattle, Washington, USA
jbetzzall@no.address
"Try kindness first."

Be a PS3 game guru.
Get your game face on with the latest PS3 news and previews at Yahoo!
Games.

DISCLAIMER:
E-mail correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties.