[GreenYes] Fw: Clarification of Support for ASES report and MSW Policy

Dear GRRN, CRRA-GRC and Sierra Club Conservation Committees:

Sorry it has taken a little bit of time to get all of you an official
Sierra Club response over the emails regarding Carl Pope, Executive
Director of the Sierra Club comments regarding the report titled
"Tackling Climate Change in the U.S.: Potential Carbon Emissions
Reductions from Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy by 2030".

The Sierra Club has reinstituted their national committee that works on
solid waste issues. Our Committee, now called the Zero Waste Committee
is in the process of working on a wide range of issues and creating
several EPR Campaigns*. If you are a Sierra Club member you are welcome
to join our Forum where we will be discussing zero waste and extended
producer responsibility policies and implementation. For more
information about the new Sierra Club Zero Waste Committee go to
http://clubhouse.sierraclub.org/committees/zerowaste. To join the team
working on zero waste and extended producer responsibility initiatives
join our discussion group by signing up at the "Members-Only list
subscription page":
http://www.sierraclub.org/memberlists?listname=CONS-EQST-WASTE-FORUM. If
you are not a member, please go to the main Sierra Club website and
follow the instruction on becoming a member and then how to join a
listserve.

* Our EPR Campaigns will be available to the public, soon, at -
www.sierraclub.org/zerowaste/.

Sincerely,

Ann Schneider
Chair, Zero Waste Committee