[GreenYes] URG REQ: SIGN LTR TO AL GORE Re: APPLE TOX WASTE

Dear Green Yes colleagues: can you help circulate this letter? Thanks!

Please send your endorsement of this letter to Al Gore ASAP to Rick Hind
of Greenpeace at rick.hind@no.address

(SORRY FOR DUPLICATE POSTING)

Dear All;

This week we are in a key moment to help turn around Apple Computer on
toxics and takeback policies and we need your support right now.

As you may know, Al Gore is on the board of Apple which has just sent
out a statement to two socially responsible investment groups, As You
Sow and Trillium Asset Management, claiming their board's UNANIMOUS
opposition to two shareholder proposals on toxic phase outs and
recycling for a vote at the upcoming Apple annual meeting in May.

Before these opposition statements are sent to all Apple shareholders at
we are urging Al Gore to dissent from the Apple board's opposition. The
attached letter from more than 15 groups including the Computer Take
Back Coalition, Greenpeace, Silicon Valley Toxics Coalition urges Gore
to instead support these two modest resolutions and to make a Apple a
leader on greening this industry.

To sign the attached letter, please send me your NAME, ORGANIZATION and
phone # by NOON (Pacific time), WED. MARCH 21S to:
rick.hind@no.address

We are in contact with Gore staff who will make sure he sees the letter
soon after it arrives.

Thank you for your help on such short notice. Feel free to
contact us if you have any questions.

Rick Hind/Greenpeace
and
Ted Smith
Senior Strategist
Silicon Valley Toxics Coalition
760 North First Street
San Jose, CA 95112
(408) 287-6707 Ext 302
www.svtc.org
www.computertakeback.com

--
Rick Hind
Legislative Director

Martha Arguello Physicians for Social Responsibility - Los
Angeles
Delma and Christine Bennett MEAN
Derrick Byrd
Kizzy Charles-Guzman WEACT for Environmental Justice
Tracey Easthope Ecology Center
Norma Grier Northwest Coaltion for Alternatives to Pesticides
Amanda Hawes Worksafe
John Kepner Beyond Pesticides
Jesse Marquez Coalition for a Safe Environment
Ansje Miller Center for Environmental Health
Pamela Miller Alaska Community Action on Toxics
Mark Mitchell, MD Connecticut Coalition for Environmental Justice
Floribella Redondo Campesinos Sin Fonteras
Kristin Schaffer Pesticide Action Network
Kathleen Schuler Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy
Aditi Vaidya Silicon Valley Toxics Coalition
Charlotte Wells Texans for Alternatives to Pesticides