From: GreenYes@no.address [mailto:GreenYes@no.address]On Behalf Of Gary Liss
Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 9:36 PM
To: GreenYes@no.address; p2tech@no.address; p2@no.address; ZeroWasteCommunities@no.address; ZERI_Practitioners@no.address; ZERI-US@no.address
Cc: debbie.basher@no.address; Roberta.dunlap@no.address; Gary Liss
Subject: [GreenYes] Looking for Adopted Extended Producer Responsibility orProduct Stewardship resolutions and ARFs for batteries

Apologies for Cross-Postings

From: "Basher, Debbie" <debbie.basher@no.address>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 16:42:50 -0800
Subject: [CRRA] Looking for Adopted Extended Producer Responsibility or Product
Stewardship resolutions and ARFs for batteries

Made up of a group of representatives from cities and counties located in
California, the California Product Stewardship Council is a nonprofit
association whose mission is to shift California's product waste management
system from one focused on government funded and ratepayer financed waste
diversion to one that relies on producer responsibility in order to reduce
public costs and drive improvements in product design that promote
environmental sustainability.

We are looking for examples from communities - not only in
California - that have adopted Extended Producer Responsibility or
Product Stewardship resolutions. Copies of the resolutions would be
extremely helpful.

We are also looking for communities that have implemented Advance
Recycling Fees for household batteries. A quick description of the program,
and if it's been successful, would be helpful.

Debbie Basher
City of San Jose 408-975-2514
and
Roberta Dunlap
City of San Jose
Environmental Services Department
170 W. San Carlos St
San Jose CA 95113
(408) 277-5364
FAX (408) 277-2357
Roberta.dunlap@no.address

Debbie Basher
City of San Jose - Environmental Services
Integrated Waste Management, Attn. Debbie Basher
200 East Santa Clara Street, 10th Floor Tower
San Jose, CA 95113-1905
debbie.basher@no.address
phone (408)-975-2514
Fax: (408) 292-6211