[GreenYes] covered trash enclosures?

To cover or not to cover trash enclosures??

Please respond to: pwilliams@no.address

The Falcon Building, a proposed LEED project at 815 Park, is asking if
they can put a roof/top on the trash enclosure. This would be to
shield it from view of tenants who will be gazing down from upper
floors. BFI says it has to be at least 16' high in order for the truck
to mechanically pull the containers out. I am sympathetic to the
aesthetic argument but undecided on whether we should permit this. I'd
sure like to know if anyone else has encountered this issue....

Pamela Williams
City of Boise
Idaho