[GreenYes] Institutional incandescent/CFL switch program

I'm working with a University that wants to provide students with
CFLs when students trade in incandescents. Does anyone know if there
is any value in using the working incandescents that have been trading
in or should they simply be recycled? I imagine the energy savings
from CFLs warrants the simple disposal (recycling) of the incandescents
instead of continuing to use them at all...

I appreciate knowing of any other schools that have done programs like
this that you are aware of.

Thanks!!