[GreenYes] Re: Institutional incandescent/CFL switch program

At 07:08 PM 3/6/2006 +0000, Paradoxish@no.address wrote:

>I'm working with a University that wants to provide students with
>CFLs when students trade in incandescents. Does anyone know if there
>is any value in using the working incandescents that have been trading
>in or should they simply be recycled? I imagine the energy savings
>from CFLs warrants the simple disposal (recycling) of the incandescents
>instead of continuing to use them at all...

That would be my thought. After all, the point is to get them out of
service.... Plus the reliability of used incandescents, having been
bounced around, won't be very good.

They might want to pay attention to the power factor of the CFLs provided.

Alan

>I appreciate knowing of any other schools that have done programs like
>this that you are aware of.
>
>Thanks!!

Alan Muller, Executive Director
Green Delaware