[GreenYes] Re: PLA-Compostability

The Biodegradable Products Institute (bpiworld.org) has a certification
program for these products. Here is the spiel from their site:

The Biodegradable Products Institute and US Composting Council (USCC) use
American Society for Testing and Materials Specifications (ASTM) to approve
products for their ?Compostable Logo? effort. These specifications are the
result of 8 years of intensive work by researchers, product manufacturers,
composters, and resin producers to identify plastic and paper products,
which disintegrate and biodegrade completely and safely when composted in a
municipal or commercial facility, like kraft paper, yard trimmings and food
scraps.

The "Compostable Logo" is awarded to any products meeting ASTM D6400 or
D6868, based on testing in approved independent laboratories.

To find out how to become part of the Compostable Logo Program, Click Here!
<http://bpiworld.org/BPI-Public/Program/Apply.html>

_____