[GreenYes] RE: Ask the Expert: environmental

Dear Mrs. Momcilovic

I am very happy to get an e-mail from your country. I know that your
country is recovering from very difficult times, and it is good to see
people like you seeking out the world environmental community, to address
issues like zero waste. Please feel free to contact me any time if you have
questions.

In regards to finance and budget, I am sorry to say you are not alone.
Virtually every environmental organization is having problems finding enough
money to continue; funding for the future is even tougher. We are primarily
funded by the United States government, and that funding is getting harder
to obtain0 every year. You could probably find some financing by holding
workshops to industrial manufacturers and showing them benefits to reducing
pollution at it's source. This is not enough to fund a center, but it does
provide some funds.

We are not familiar with the European Union, and their grant systems. It is
my thinking that there must be a grant under the EU Environmental Agency to
help foriegn countries comply with ROHS/WEE. I see that your country has
applied for membership with the EU. I could certainly help you prepare a
grant, and give you solid facts to help your proposal.

I hope this starts to answer your questions. Feel free to ask more.

I had some difficulty understanding your e-mail...was it generated with a
translator?

I am copying two list-servers that have people from all over the world. One
is Green Yes, the other is zero waste international. They may have some
ideas to help you.

_____