[greenyes] It helps being old

One of the (few) merits of being an old timer in recycling is that you can maybe help out on history questions. My memory says that the first citywide, curbside, multi-material recycling collection program occurred in Modesto, California. In addition, according to a study that I worked on for the EPA in 1978, a small number of communities had collected old newspapers on route continuously since World War II.
_______
Jerry Powell, Editor and Publisher
Resource Recycling Magazine
E-Scrap News