[greenyes] Invites to World Environment Day Events in SF 6/1-5

Apologies for Cross-Postings

On behalf of the San Francisco Department of the Environment, I am inviting you to join in a participatory workshop called Environmental Purchasing: The Buck Starts Here. It will take place on June 2, 2004 from noon to 4:30pm at The Presidio in San Francisco and is one of many activities scheduled as part of World Environment Day 2005. (World Environment Day, which actually lasts five days, is an international event sponsored by the United Nations; this is the first time it has been hosted by the United States. For more information about this and other World Environment Day activities, see <http://www.wed2005.org/>http://www.wed2005.org/.)

We hope this workshop will offer you a valuable opportunity to network with a wide range of people from across the Bay area, the US and the globe. Like you, all of the people who have been asked to participate work in government agencies, businesses, institutions or non-profit organizations on issues relating to environmental purchasing and sustainability. The world café format is designed to take advantage of the tremendous experience and energy we expect to be assembled in the room for this discussion.

We would appreciate knowing as soon as possible whether you plan to attend or not, as spaces are limited.

If you have any questions about this or would like to get the background documents (invite and RSVP form), please don't hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Alicia Culver
EnviroSpec
2625 Alcatraz Avenue, #516