RE: [BBAN]: [greenyes] Aseptic container background

I appreciate the history given here.

I find it interesting that the collection programs for aseptics on the East
Coast that I know of are in the New York/New England area - up around where
the ban was.

It seems to me, just like it was noted with PS foam, that attempts at a
product ban may be a good way to force some producer responsibility to help
setup recovery for items.

I don't know of any aseptic recycling in PA - I usually try to avoid
beverages in cartons or chicken broath or drinks in aseptics - but I prefer
soymilk that happens to come in those containers.

Which also brings to the point - is it better to buy, say orange juice in a
plastic jug or in a carton/aseptic if those recycling programs are in place.

If anyone buys single serving juices these days you'll notice that if you
try to avoid juice boxes you may find yourself with non-recyclable bottles -
I believe it's Welchs that is going in a #5 or #7 bottle.

Steve

Stephen N. Weisser, Sales Manager
GreenLine Paper Company, Inc.
631 S. Pine Street