RE: [greenyes] Rearloader & Chassis Recommendations?

Can anyone offer any advise on the various rearloader and chassis brands out there? Problems, success stories, things to look out for, etc.

We are currently in the process of selecting a solid waste collection vehicle for use at one of our County Parks. The terrain is rather demanding (hills and tight looped campgrounds) and the bins to be serviced are 2-yard dumpsters. We have selected a 16-yard rearloader and 33,000 gvw chassis to service the bins. A purchase of 2 vehicles will complete our entire fleet (minus very old back-up vehicles). We are hoping to make a decision on a rearloader and chassis quite soon. Bids have been received from McNeilus, Heil, New Way, & Pak-Mor Bodies and International, Sterling & Freightliner Chassis, with Mercedes, Cummins, or Caterpillar engines?

>From your experience, can anyone recommend one over another?

Thanks in advance!

Brennen Jensen
Recycling & Resource Recovery Assistant