Re: [greenyes] Fwd: Managing municipal recycling collection by license or franchise?

At 04:52 PM 4/5/2005 -0600, Megan Kershner wrote:
Sorry for cross-postings...

More questions from Boise City, Idaho:

[...]

Obviously, the "easy" thing would be to change the franchise agreement with BFI to include commercial recycling. Any other suggestions for how we move forward?

This is just a personal opinion: I think you should do everything possible to NOT give BFI/Waste Management total monopoly and let local businesses by choked or regulated out of business. This is a slippery slope that is easier to go down--they have a lot of practice at greasing the skids--, but "you will be sorry...."

Alan

Alan Muller, Executive Director
Green Delaware
Box 69