From: Rod [mailto:rodmuir@no.address]
Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2005 10:11 AM
To: GreenYes
Subject: [greenyes] Megatons reduced by recycling

Greeting

Imagine one ton of standard mix of recyclable items
coming out of a home fiber, metal, glass etc.

I understand that using recycled vs. virgin material saves approximately 75% of the energy used in virgin production of this mix.

I anyone aware of the actual reduction in megatons of GHG's involved

Thanks
Rod Muir
Waste Diversion Toronto/Canada