[greenyes] Fwd: Action: Help Europe make Sustainable Development a priority

Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 23:02:53 -0700
From: <zerowaste@no.address>

Don't think this made it on to the GreenYes list, but if it didn't would you
mind posting as I can't currently post to this list. I've completed the
short questionaire and it took about half an hour. Well worth it to help
continue to foster sustainability policies in the EU.

Cheers,

Michael Jessen
Zero Waste Solutions
zerowaste@no.address

> From: "Mathis Wackernagel" <mathis@no.address>
> Subject: Help Europe make Sustainable Development a priority
> Date sent: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 10:21:19 -0700
>
> Dear friends:
>
> With the Europe Union becoming a larger family, and new Commissioners
> coming into power, the European Union's sustainable development strategy
is
> being reconsidered. Either it can fade, or if public interest pushes them,
> Europe could become a truly significant driver for sustainable
development.

> Whether or not you are European, the Commission seeks your opinions. The
> more feedback they get, the more seriously they will take sustainable
> development. The questionnaire for voicing your opinion is at:
>
> http://europa.eu.int/comm/sustainable/pages/consult_en.htm
>
> Other languages are available too.
>
> Please fill at least the short version of the questionnaire. And consider
this:
> receiving 10,000 answers could represent a good input for a public
> consultation. This means one contribution per 600,000 world inhabitants.
> Therefore, if you choose to be among the 10,000, you will represent more
> people than most mayors of even a large city. Play big and influence
Europe!

> Make your opinion count and invite others, too, to participate.
>
> Warmest regards, Mathis
>

> Mathis Wackernagel, Ph.D.
> Global Footprint Network
> 1050 Warfield Ave
> Oakland, CA, 94610-1612 USA
> tel.: +1-510-839-8879 (-0800 GMT)
> fax: +1-510-834-9202
>
> mathis@no.address
> www.footprintnetwork.org
>
> Global Footprint Network promotes a sustainable economy by advancing the
> Ecological Footprint, a tool that makes sustainability measurable. Together
> with our partners, we coordinate research, develop methodological
standards,
> and provide decision makers with robust resource accounts to help the human
> economy operate within the Earth's ecological limits.

Gary Liss
916-652-7850
Fax: 916-652-0485
www.garyliss.com