[greenyes] Interesting European debate

I appreciated the heartfelt congratulations to Wangari Maathai, this year's Nobel Peace Prize winner, by Pat Franklin, Marry Appelhof. Well-made comments about an extremely deserving recipient..

For those interested, however, Maathai's award has created a bit of a controversy in Europe (especially in Norway). Some anti-war activists are questioning why the Nobel committee did not select someone working on more traditional peace issues, especially those working in the Middle East, Iraq, Iran, etc., at this time in the world's political history. We should urge the establishment of a permanent Nobel Environment Award.
_______
Jerry Powell, Editor and Publisher
Resource Recycling Magazine
E-Scrap News