[greenyes] Backyard Burning Ordinances and Public Education Campaigns

Hello All -

About six months ago I asked for information about any communities that may
have implemented an effective Backyard Burning elimination and/or outreach
education campaign. I came away with several leads, but alas my list is
still pretty short. We are attempting to conduct a comprehesive survey of
these communities so that we can identify 'best practices' for reducing
backyard burning throughout the United States.

I would appreciate any names and contact information you may have with
respect to government officials, community leaders, and/or local residents
who have gotten involved in this issue and who feel they have put in place
innovative strategies and/or public awareness campaigns that have been
successful. Examples can include tribal or native Alaskan communities.

I will need the following: last name, first name, address, phone number, fax
number, email address, and website. Any additional information with respect
to their backyard burning prevention program would also be great.

Thanks so much for your time and attention to this matter. You assistance is
greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Christine McCoy
Director, Environmental Programs