GreenYes Archives

[GreenYes Archives] - [Thread Index] - [Date Index]
[Date Prev] - [Date Next] - [Thread Prev] - [Thread Next]

[greenyes] SW Research

Hello Everyone!

One of our staff could use your assistance. Please respond to Dennis Siders
who is cc:ed above.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance in this matter.

Christine McCoy
Director, Environmental Programs
Rural Community Assistance Partnership, Inc.
1522 K Street, NW #400
Washington, DC 20005
Phone: 202/408-1273 ext. 104
Fax: 202/408-8165
Email: cmccoy@no.address

-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis Siders [mailto:dsiders@no.address]
Sent: Friday, July 02, 2004 5:55 PM
To: Christine McCoy
Subject: SW Research


I need some help in finding contacts from some state regulatory agencies. I
have sent out the following request for information to the following states
but I think I will need some referrals to get the information I need. Give
ma a call Tuesday if you are in.
New York

The Missouri Solid Waste Management Districts have asked me to gather
information about regulatory programs in surrounding states. During the
past legislative session a solid waste management law was reviewed by our
legislature. They have assigned a senate committee to hold hearings on the
uses and distribution of the solid waste management fund which is generated
by a surcharge on the tipping fee. The Districts would like to explore
different ways to use and distribute those funds as they formulate their
recommendations to the committee. Obviously finding out what works, and
does not work, in other states is our first thought.

I have included a list of questions below. These may be too simplistic but
they represent a starting place for our research. I would appreciate it if
you could take some time to complete the questionnaire. You can reply by
email, send by fax (573-783-6339), or send by mail (PO Box 149
Fredericktown, MO 63645). If you would like to discuss the questions or
the context in which we are asking them please feel free to call.

Thank You,

Dennis Siders
Midwest Assistance Program

1. What agency regulates solid waste facilities in your state?

A. How is the agency funded (general revenue, special tax,
tipping fee surcharge, fee for service, etc)?

2. How many of the following facilities does the agency regulate?

A. Landfills-

B. Transfer Stations-

3. What fees, if any, are charged for the following activities?

A. Construction permit for landfills-

B. Operation permit for landfills-

C. Inspection of Landfills-

D. Construction permit for Transfer Stations-

E. Operations permit for Transfer Stations-

F. Inspection of Transfer Stations

4. How many FTE?s are assigned to the above functions?

5. Does the regulatory agency also provide other solid waste functions
(planning, technical assistance, financial assistance, education, etc.)?
Please list any major functions other than regulatory function:





6. Does the State have solid waste Districts or Regions?

A. How are these Districts funded?

B. Who controls the dispersal of funds?

C. How does the solid waste district use these funds
(administration, grants, education, operating facilities, etc)?

[GreenYes Archives] - [Date Index] - [Thread Index]
[Date Prev] - [Date Next] - [Thread Prev] - [Thread Next]