[greenyes] Re: greenyes Digest 19 May 2004 22:32:37 -0000 Issue 159

Thanks for those surprising statistics about aluminum!

The landfill mining (for metals, etc.) program did not progress in New Jersey
in the '80s because the mafia-controlled sanitation "lobby" nixed it.
("Mafia" was the term used when my colleague, an Italian-American who brought the
Austrians to New Jersey, told me the story.)

Carol Steinfeld