RE: [greenyes] Waste-to-Energy

While composting will reduce the emissions of methane and other gases, and
change the composition of the leachate, I do not believe that it eliminates
the environmental impact of the land application of materials.

Thus, while it can be a valuable step in pre-treatment, I do not believe
that it is a sufficient step. Other measures will need to be added, in my
opinion.

John Reindl, Recycling Manager
Dane County, WI