Re: [greenyes] Recycling bins at post offices
Some of the post offices on Maui used to provide bins for recycling paper but recently cut them out of their budget.

The better alternative is to stop the junk mail at its source by contacting the mail preference service.  I collect the addresses from my junk mail and list them in a quarterly letter to as follows.  My junk mail has been greatly reduced.

Mail Preference Service

Direct Marketing Association

P.O. Box 9008

Farmingdale, NY  11735-9008

Dear Sirs:

I understand that the MPS is designed to assist consumers who would like to receive less advertising mail at home.  Please register the following name(s) and address(es) with the name removal file so they will be removed from unsolicited mailing lists.  Thank you very much.

Camille Armantrout
Hawaii

keith mcdonald <weedeat@no.address> wrote:
I heard that they are thinking of putting recycling bins at all post offices
for junk mail and other discarded mail has any post office started doing
this your thoughs on this idea I get lots of unwanted mail a year and think
it is a wonderfull thing . Thanks Keith McDonald