From: Wayne Turner [mailto:WAYNET@no.address]
Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2003 7:54 AM
To: pfranklin@no.address
Subject: RE: [greenyes] Dell grants

Pat,

"The decentralization of the beer and soft drink industries and the
demise of
refillables has pretty much done away with reverse distribution."

Did you mean to say "The centralization of the beer and soft drink...."
 The way I remember it, the small franchise owners represented the
decentralized approach and existed when returnables were the norm.  It
was a result of the centralization of the bottling industry and  the
subsequent need for reducing shipping costs that brought about the
demise of returnable bottles.

Wayne