RE: [greenyes] burial methods
In the freeze-dried method, not only do the remains get returned to earth,
but the process allows for the recovery of mercury amalgam from dental
fillings (the material is screen before being composted), which in cremation
goes into the atmosphere and in burial, there is the potential of it getting
into the soil and groundwater. The average corpse has the mercury contents
of 10 typical household fever thermometers.

John Reindl
Dane County, WI