[greenyes] Shrink Wrap Bottles
Sharon Gates asks about the plastic wraps, which I understand, are the ones
that follow the contour of the entire bottle including the narrow neck.
Today these wraps are made of PVC, a very bad plastic that is devastating to
the economics of PET recycling.  PVC is used because it is the easiest and
cheapest resin which has differential shrink capabilities, which permits it
to follow the bottle's contours without wrinkling.

However, were the packaging industry encouraged to do so, non-PVC resins are
thought to be adaptable to this purpose too.

I'd suggest that you call up the consumer comment line for all products
using these full-body wraps and encourage them to find non-PVC alternatives.

Peter

Peter Anderson
RECYCLEWORLDS CONSULTING Corp
4513 Vernon Blvd. Suite 15