[greenyes] Recycling of Oil Containers
The prairie provinces have a consistent system for lubricating product
stewardship, and it is now moving to the other provinces.  It is not really
a deposit program for oil bottles, in that citizens are not paid anything
for leaving the bottles at an Eco-Centre.  The licensed oil haulers are paid
from 95 cents to $1.35 per kilo to collect and forward the containers to the
processor.  The haulers pay the depot operators something for each large bag
of containers.  The processor is receiving an incentive of 22 cents per kg
for the containers.

The containers are used to make moulded curb-stops.  We used to have a
packager of oil who recycled the bottles back for his own product lines, but
he is no longer doing it.

	Rod McCormick