[greenyes] Waste Reduction and Recycling from Home Construction
The link below is to a US Department of Energy article about their program
of its Building Science Corporation, which is designed to improve energy
efficiency, worker productivity and waste reduction and recycling programs
as part of new home construction. The article describes a project which
reduced the landfilling of material from new home construction by 85%.

http://eeredev.nrel.gov/buildings/building_america/news_0703.shtml

In my county, construction and demoliton waste from buildings accounts for
45% by weight of all landfilled material, so we have targeted this area as a
priority.

John Reindl, Recycling Manager
Dane County, WI