Re: [greenyes] Glass and building
Granulated glass works fine in a polyester resin base.
Or epoxy.
There used to be a guy in Seattle who made "Corian" type countertops using
glass instead of marble chips.  Said the glass wore out his grinding tools.

See http://www.cwc.org/glass_bp_list.htm and download the following two
reports:
 Crushed Recycled Glass as Industrial Mineral Fillers
Epoxy Applications for Recycled Glass

 On making bricks using glass, go to http://www.cwc.org/glass.htm and download
Glass Clay Body Flux (1999)

There have been many studies using everything from fly ash to sludge to shale
(which is quite common) to glass to make bricks.  If you have a decent
university engineering library available, email me back & I'll forward some