Re: [greenyes] The environmental impacts of recycling glass

One thing we have not chatted about re: transport of recyclables....

why are we not looking at the proximity principle? i.e. local production for local
consumption type of thing - what if we made micro business of the refillers, at local
level - surely that would handle most of the issues at hand?

I suggested something farily radical regarding glass bottles - what if companies that
manufacture, rented them?

Muna