RE: [greenyes] Sorry - as a general lurker
Kennedy also says in the same speech:

I believe the free market is the most efficient, democratic way to distribute the goods of the land and benefits of our nation. In a true free-market system you can't make yourself rich without making your neighbors rich, and without enriching your community. But polluters make themselves rich by making everybody else poor. You show me pollution and I'll show you a subsidy. I'll show you somebody who's cheating in the free market; somebody who's devised a way, usually using political clout, to force the public to pay the costs of production.

Ask yourself why the big producers of throwaway products and packaging are using their clout and influence through America Recycles Day to keep mayors and councils paying for municipal recycling.

Helen.