RE: [greenyes] "we don't really recycle, so why should I?"myth,
Government Recycling depends on Politics. Our County Administration is a JOKE. They pay $10,000 a year to a contractor to dispose of White Goods. But that is only the items that are taken directly to the contractors facility by the public. Anything else is put straight in with the regular trash.
But try telling this to the public and they refute you as stirring up a stink. It was even requested that I remove my web page and discontinue the use of my posting name, "Garbage Man". The administration thought I was demeaning the county with the pictures I had posted.

By the way, it is Dickenson County , Virginia I refer to.

Buford Hill
Recycle, Garbage is a terrible thing to Waste.
http://www.garbageman.dickensonctyva.net/