[greenyes] "we don't really recycle, so why should i?" myth,
In a message dated 4/9/2003 7:24:23 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
pcrecycles@no.address writes:> The cleaning company at our college has a pretty
> bad image, in so much as many faculty and staff believe that they do not
> really recycle their paper in the offices, but simply throw it in the
> trash.  While this is not true (!),.... In an attempt to dispel this "we
> don't really recycle, so why should i?" myth, ....

Michael Moore who wrote "Stupid White Men" has a bit on why he doesn't
recycle.  He doesn't believe the stuff really is recycled and he has tells
stories about Cities where companies have been seen throwing away separated
recyclables.

We need to discuss this emerging excuse and how to counter it.

ricanthony@no.address