[greenyes] steel recycling containers I am looking at...
hello-

after looking at everyone's suggestions, we have decided to go with 2 companies for the purchase of our indoor steel recycling containers.  these containers are going in common areas, lounges, computer labs, etc.  For cans and bottles, we are going with the Witt (by Safco) (C and H Distributors) recycling containers.  They are round, steel, blue, and have a lid included with a hole.  They hold about 20 gallons and are 30" high.  For paper we are going with the WB Recyclers, from Windsor Barrel Works (www.windsorbarrel.com) , which are round, steel, blue and have a lid included with a paper slot.  They also hold about 20 gallons are are 29" high.

Has anyone had any experiece using these containers?  They are cheap ($50 and $60 each, respectively), which is good, since we are planning on purchasing quite a few.  But they also look nice.  My only concern is that if they are mishandled, the steel will dent and the barrels may not look so good after awhile.  Any advice would be appreciated.  Thank you!

Take care, michelle

Michelle Smith
Recycling and Waste Reduction Progam
Office of Environmental Health and Safety
Providence College
Providence, RI  02918

(401) 865-1881