RE: [greenyes] Zealots
Wayne Turner writes:

"Or, we could simply call him 'confused' because producers have done an
incredible job of greenwashing by plastering the chasing arrows symbols on
everything from plastic bottles to bedsprings without one whit of
consideration for what local markets and recycling programs are like."

I agree with Wayne.  Enforcement of existing regulations seems to be needed
here.

Personally, I take the phrase, "recyclable where facilities exist", and
apply it whereever I see the chasing arrows.  Consumers should share some of
the resposibility for end-life issues,  and this includes being educated
about disposing the products they buy.

Another tack to take with the zealots is to turn them on to buying recycled.
Because how much you consume cannot always be measured by how much dispose.

-John Lively