[GreenYes] Affordable Housing
Hello All -

Does anyone know of a city that operates a program/facility that accepts construction/building material and resells it or donates it for the purposes affordable housing?

 I understand that Habitat for Humanity runs "Re-Stores" that accept reusable household materials and sells them, however, we are in an area that doesn't have a low cost builder (ala H4H) in it.

The purpose of establishing a program like this would be twofold, 1) help facilitate affordable housing projects 2) divert C&D material that would otherwise goto a landfill.

If anyone would have any contacts in cities that participate in a program like this, please let me know.

Thanks,

John Buri