[GreenYes] RE: help: Recycling Collection Costs
You might be interested in a system for collecting, processing
and recycling beverage containers that is paid for by industry
(producers and consumers of the beverages).  It's called a
deposit system and it operates much like the system the
beverage industry set up more than 100 years ago to distribute
beer and soft drinks in refillable glass bottles.  Like the original
'deposit/return' system, consumers pay a 'refundable' deposit
on their beverage containers.  When they return the container
to the store (or redemption center) their deposit (usually a
nickel, but in one US state, Michigan, it's a dime) the deposit
is refunded.

For more information go to our websites below.

Patricia Franklin
Executive Director
Container Recycling Institute
1911 N. Fort Myer Drive, Ste. 702