[GreenYes] Gas
I agree with the previous post regarding buying all our gas from non-Middle
East sources.  Oh that it should be so easy.  I'm not even certain the list
is correct as I have a relative that works for Conoco who lives part time in
Saudi Arabia.  I believe some of their gasoline does come from the Middle
East.

Switching from SUVs is perhaps a partial answer but more wishful thinking
than anything and for those in the snow belt biking to work isn't going to
happen.  Americans hate mass transit and we must deal with that.  The answer
is courting other foreign markets that have oil and need the economic help
(Russia and Mexico spring to mind) and also more domestic exploration.  As
long as the U.S. is dependent on Middle Eastern oil, we will always have to
involve ourselves in Middle East policy.

John Waddell
KJWB Publications/Refuse News