[GreenYes] Pogo
Today's GreenYes passed along the following message:

    "Every time you fill up the car, you can avoid putting more money into
the
coffers of Saudi Arabia. Just buy from gas companies that don't import their
oil from the Saudis. Nothing is more frustrating than the feeling that every
time I fill-up the tank, I am sending my money to people who are trying to
kill me, my family, and my friends. I thought it might be interesting for
you
to know which oil companies are the best to buy gas from."

    This is utter nonesense.  Like money, oil is "fungable," which means
that its all mixed together, including imported oil from the Middle East, in
our pipelines.

    The issue is not refusing to buy gas from any particular brand's
station. The issue is how much total gas we consume in aggregate. Thanks to
SUV's, god bless them, our gas mileage declines, and thanks to rampant
suburbanization, the miles we drive each year continues to grow.

    This unidentified posting, on the other hand, pretends that we are not
the problem. We are.  For those of us with sons, many of us in the days
ahead will pay the ultimate price for those who blithely remain blind for
what they wraught on us.

                                                                    Peter

Peter Anderson
RECYCLEWORLDS CONSULTING Corp