[GreenYes]
I think the discussion on reusing, recycling grocery store bags is an
important one to have.  However,  should we not look at what Ireland has
done and is doing.  There, as of some time in the past year, I believe
people need to buy the plastic bags for their groceries or bring some other
means of carting home their groceries.  From reports on NPR it appears the
new laws have had astounding effects and kept the plastic bags from becoming
the "national flag."

Has anything like that been attempted here in the U.S. ?  What kind of
reception did it receive?  WHo fought it?

Pleasejust post to the list as I will be unable to check this email for a
while.

Andrew C. Weidmann
Bronx, NY 10470