Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 06:13:06 -0400
   From: "Louis J. Posner" <lposner1@nyc.rr.com>
Subject: Bush Protest at UN on Thurs at 9 AM

PROTEST BUSH SPEAKING AT UNITED NATIONS
September 12, Thursday, 9:00 am to 1:30 pm, New York City

Protest at UN where President Bush is speaking that morning before the
General Assembly to advocate his plans to wage war against Iraq.
Permitted protest area at Dag Hammarskjold Park in Manhattan at 47th
Street and First Avenue.  Due to anticipated large crowds and the
addition of many additional groups, 47th Street will be blocked off from
traffic and will be our designated protest area.  Enter from Second
Avenue.  Start gathering at 9:00 am.  Speakers from 9:30 am to 12:00
noon.

Protest the policies of the unelected President, including his disregard
for the environment, preference for corporate interests, his poor record
on women's issues and civil rights, and his advocating military
aggression against Iraq.  We must show Bush and the leaders of the World
that the American people are not in favor of a reckless, preemptive
military campaign in Iraq which will likely lead to a powder keg of the
entire Middle East region.

Speakers include:

Mark Crispin Miller, a professor of media Studies at New York University.
 He is a well-known writer on the media, frequent contributor to The
Nation and The New York Times, and an activist for democratic media
reform, and the author of "The Bush Dyslexicon."

Todd Gitlin, a professor of culture, journalism and sociology at New York
University.  He is the author of 8 books, and a frequent contributor to
The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Los Angeles Times, Dissent
and Salon.

Liz Abzug, is the daughter of former New York Rep. Bella Abzug (D), the
well known anti-Vietnam War and gay civil rights activist.  Liz is an
Adjunct Professor of Urban Studies at Columbia University's Barnard
College, a political consultant, a Tribeca community activist and an
attorney.

Louis Posner, is founder and Executive Director of Voter March., Ltd.
(Votermarch.org), a nation-wide not-for-profit organization for voter
rights and electoral reform.   He is a political activist who has been
quoted in MSNBC, CNN and The Washington Post and a New York City attorney
listed in Who's Who in the World, Who's Who in America and Who's Who in
American lawyers.

Bob Fertik, co-founder and co-managing partner of Democrats.com, the
largest independent community of Democrats -  the "aggressive
progressives."  Bob, a graduate of Yale University, is also co-founder of
several feminist groups and is considered one of America's leading
internet political strategists.

Matthea Marquart,  President of the National Organization of Women (NOW),
New York City Chapter.

Co-Sponsors include www.Votermarch.org, NOW, Democrats.com, Democracy
March, Citizens for a Legitimate Government.

Please print out and distribute our Speakers version pdf flyer

Please print out and distribute our "War Profiteer" version  pdf flyer

If you would like to contribute to the cost of the protest, including
permit fees, stage, sound system and reproduction of flyers, please
contribute to PayPal at contributions@votermarch.org or by clicking at
www.votermarch.org or below:

For more information and updates, go to www.votermarch.org