RE: [GreenYes] recycling
Is the apartment telling you that they don't have to comply with the
recycling mandate or have you contacted the city to find out for sure?  I'd
confirm with the city responsible for enforcing the mandate.  The apartment
management may just not be educated and cities enforcing recycling
ordinances often find out about problems from the tenants themselves.  In
Austin we have an advertisement running on the radio right now about
apartment recycling to make sure tenants know about our mandate, and it
lists a phone number to call for more info.  Check with your garbage and
recycling department.  Apartment managers come and go like crazy so they may
be new to the job.

Katherine J. Murray
Waste Diversion Planner
City of Austin Solid Waste Services