From: owner-greenyes@grrn.org [mailto:owner-greenyes@grrn.org]On Behalf
Of Jessica North
Sent: Monday, September 02, 2002 8:55 PM
To: GREENYES@grrn.org
Subject: [GreenYes] air hand dryers vs paper towel

Greetings from NZ!

Would anyone have facts, suggestions, studies, or contacts to help me
determine whether there is a net environmental benefit to using air hand
dryers in bathrooms (modern units, low power) vs paper roller towel (35%
pre-consumer recycled fibre content)?

The paper towel cannot currently be composted (health issues).

My understanding is that the air dryers are the preferable option from an
environmental perspective.

Many thanks,

Jessica

Jessica North - Resource Consultant