Re: [GreenYes] Re: E-question for fiction story
I remember seeing at 20/20 report  about a man in California, who generated
no waste at all. He wanted the town to rebate the portion of his taxes he
spent on trash pickup because he did not use that service.(the town would
not) The only item of trash that he had for the week was a piece of plastic
packaging that he threw out in a garbage pail at his job or in town. This was
many years ago, but it impressed me.
    I also stayed up at a Girl Scout Camp called Frost Valley, in New York
State. They recycled and composted all food and paper products from the
cafeteria that fed hundreds of people. I wanted to see the farm and compost
facility but unfortunately I had to hike or canoe or tie-dye with my girls!
    I am interested in the concept of zero-waste. It would entail not
purchasing products that would have to be thrown out, from the big items to
the miniscule;such as wall to wall carpeting or yogurt containers.
 Nisrene