Sent: Friday, June 28, 2002 11:12 AM
Subject: [GreenYes] Polystyrene Food Containers

We had a question from a resident regarding the polystyrene containers that
come wrapped with meat products (poultry, etc.).  The resident was wondering
if that material could be finely chopped and used for aeration purposes in a
home garden.

Does anyone have any information on the stability of that material over time
or its suitability for this purpose?

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeffrey W. Aluotto