Re: [GreenYes] Paper egg cartons
Valerie,

Your description of the building in Istanbul made me recall that a similar arrangement was part of the acoustical treatment of a sound studio where I took guitar lesson eons ago.  They had used egg cartons on the ceiling and about half way down the walls to deaden the acoustics in the room.  It worked quite well.

B. Wayne Turner
City of Winston-Salem
Utilities Division
phone: (336) 727 8418
email: waynet@cityofws.org

>>> Valerie Carey <vcarey@ecosfcc.org> 04/23/02 12:28PM >>>
Van,
I don't know about the recycling/health bit of your question, but I recently
came across a very interesting reuse of paper egg cartons. In a bar in
Istanbul, the management had affixed literally hundreds of cartons to the
ceiling both as a trendy interior decor idea (that would be "decor" with a
trendy little accent) and as added insulation. It looked very cool, indeed.
I've thought of doing something similar with either egg cartons or styrofoam
cups in our non-heated warehouse. I wonder, though, if using styrofoam in
this way and in such great quantity would cause any off-gassing issues.....
anyone know if I should nix the styrofoam idea and stick with paper egg
cartons?
Peace,
Valerie